Tuesday, August 30, 2005

So Much For That, Huh?

So, shortly after promising to update this more often, I seemingly abandoned it. But it wasn't entirely my fault.

I have been in Murmansk running errands which are beneath me. For those who don't know, Murmansk really shouldn't exist. It's above the Arctic Circle, so depending on when you go it can be either dark all the time or light all the time (perfect for messing up sleep cycles), and there are no trees. It's also cold... even in August, you are lucky if the temperature rises above 50° Naturally, I spent about two weeks there.

I can't really get into what went on, but suffice to say it wasn't very important. Like I said, a lot of errand running and paperwork that could have been handled by anyone. I don't like to think of myself as superior to others, but there are definitely more important matters I could be attending to. This is their way of easing me back into duty after being grounded.

Oh yes, did I mention I was grounded? Yeah, everyone who was in Bakhchisaray got shelved for a month. We all got to take a whole bunch of wonderful psych tests, which we apparently all passed, but we still got to sit around for another two weeks with nothing to do and everyone walking around on eggshells. Oh, it was great. Just what we needed after having our friend cut up... to sit around on our hands doing nothing. I ended up blowing off work completely for a couple of days... nobody raised an eyebrow. The weather has been nice, so one day I took the bus downtown and just did a walkabout. Ended up watching the new phenom Felix Hernandez at Safeco that night. I picked up the new Madden and played it into the ground. Matty and I had a little tournament over the weekend, Keith and Andy from Tech Ops came over, too... I beat them all soundly, mostly because I had a week head start on the game and because when you control the Seahawks you can prevent Matt Hasselbeck from making stupid mistakes and K-Rob actually catches the ball when it's thrown to him.

We were planning on going to see Hernandez pitch again (walk-up sales are awesome), but that morning, boom, I'm off to Murmansk. I got back on Sunday and have been trying to get reaccustomed to a concept called nighttime.

Someone e-mailed me some questions while I was gone, so I guess I will answer them over the next couple of days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home