Monday, November 21, 2005

Fraud

I've gotten a few non-spam e-mails recently. This one was probably the best of them. The few that I've posted before, I cleaned up the grammar and spelling on. I'm leaving this one as is, just as a point. If this is the way people communicate nowadays, this country is in trouble.

u r a fraud! u say ur a secret agent and the govrement pays for ur expanses but then u fihgt over the cost of a tv. if u were really a secret agent u would not care what it cost and b-sides you would prolly have a tv with a 2-way videoscreen so u could get misions without leaving home. fraud.

Do you people interact like this with each other on a regular basis? Do the ideas of correct spelling and perhaps capital letters confuse and anger people? It's bad enough when I see grammatically incorrect signs all over town. This is just shows blatant disrespect for the English language. Still, it deserves a response.

There are two sorts of people in the world: those who, if they were rich, would spend money carelessly without caring how much things cost or the possibility that the money might run out. An example of this is M.C. Hammer. The other sort of person is the one who, even though rich beyond reckoning, will not overspend on frivolity just because they can. An example of this is Warren Buffett.

One could argue that since it's not even my money, I shouldn't worry about spending twice as much for a TV than I think I should. Personally, I think it's just the opposite. If I'm spending someone else's money, particular yours, don't I have a responsibility to spend it wisely? When you hear stories in the news about things like misappropriated funds and "pork barrel buffets", don't they piss you off? Now how would you feel if you heard your tax returns were spent on a high-definition plasma TV?

That's what I thought. You should be thanking me for trying to save you money, not calling me a fraud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home