Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Flux

This is annoying.

As of late May, I've been expecting to get shipped out of here on assignment. I have avoided making any sort of near-term plans, and have been non-commital about dates in the future, because I was planning on spending early June overseas. Then we waited... and waited... and waited... and finally Jennings greenlights the thing post-haste. Abby and I were supposed to come in bright and early to get briefed and outfitted, but ten minutes into the brief, shit gets interrupted, and Abby gets pulled off to work on some thing that was supposed to be done but now apparently isn't, and this "has-to-be-done-by-the-weekend" mission has now been pushed off indefinitely. But of course, I'm still basically "on call", ready to leave at a moment's notice, even though I have no idea who'll be coming with me, if anyone. This is called poor management.

Matty called... he wants to go out on Thursday and stay over at my place. Angie is on some sort of deadline with the court and she'll be working at home through the night, so she wants him out of the house. I don't really understand it, but I guarantee you they don't shift priorities on her at the last minute. And I can almost guarantee you that I get a call from Jennings around midnight Thursday night. I'll keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home