Thursday, December 15, 2005

Liam Gallagher at The Kells

Tuesday at about 3:30, Andy rushed into my office and announces "Liam Gallagher is playing at The Kells tonight!" Now I don't know music very well, but even I know who Liam Gallagher is. Sort of. He's one of the brothers in Oasis, although I'm not sure which one. "Wanna go?"

I was immediately skeptical: first, that a name as big as Liam Gallagher would be playing at The Kells, which is not exactly the largest of venues in the Seattle area, and second, that tickets would still be available. Andy was just passing the message along, but several of his cohorts were quite certain of it, so we all worked a little bit late and then headed downtown.

Well, as it turns out, it was Liam Gallagher, but not the Liam Gallagher from Oasis. A cursory glance at the Oasis website would have told us that Liam and the boys were in Scotland last night, and certainly not at any Irish pub in Seattle. But after the initial shock wore off, we laughed and sat back and enjoyed listening to the other Liam perform. Plus, I had a nice Irish stew and a Shepherd's Pie to go along with several pints of Guinness. Erin Go Brah, baby!

4 Comments:

At 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the blog post!

I had the same moment just now online - the Oasis guy? At Kells? - but then do a google search for "Liam Gallagher Seattle" and your post is right at the top to save the day.

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Grant Valdes said...

Haha... that's exactly what happened with me. I saw the show tonight and had to double-check that it was real. Thanks for saving the day. Not that I would have necessarily gone to a Liam Gallagher show.

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Haha, same thing just happened to me, though I was skeptical enough to look into it further before heading down there. Hilarious.

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Super Milk-Chan said...

I became suspicious after reviewing the month's calendar and noticed he was scheduled to play like...4 times a week. Thank you for confirming my suspicions, as you have saved me a phone call to the restaurant. :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home