Thursday, February 09, 2006

So, so angry

Where to begin? There is so much. Where to begin?

Let's start by saying that if you think Moscow is fun in the middle of January, you are sorely mistaken. It's not a vacation paradise in the summer, let alone when it's so damned frigid that the top news story isn't Chechnya or the Ukraine, but the number of people who are dying from the cold. Spending a month in mostly sub-zero temperatures is pretty bad in and of itself, but Abby and Gruber have more to complain about. Abby got herself shot and Gruber got frostbite, had two toes amputated, and the whole mission went downhill from there.

On top of all that, when it was discovered that I was being shipped out of the country on short notice, I asked in all seriousness if someone could tape any Seahawks playoff games that should happen to occur while I was gone, only to return and find out that, no, no one actually thought I was serious about that request, so now I'm going to have to go out a buy a Steelers Super Bowl DVD to find out what happened, and what happened is apparently that the Seahawks got completely screwed by the refs. I've been reading about it since I got back, but I assure you that reading archived stories about the Super Bowl is no replacement for watching the actual game. Thanks, guys.

As if that weren't enough, I received somewhere between 60 and 70 phone calls from my quasi-girlfriend, who left only two messages but apparently doesn't know what Caller ID is. This is about the last thing I'm going to worry about, but the thing that will drive me the most insane until I get everything back in order, since the calls seem to come on a fairly regular basis.

I'm gonna have to break this down into pieces. Right now, I'm hungry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home