Friday, June 17, 2005

High Dive

Well, miracle of miracles, night passed smoothly into day without so much as a word from Chapter. And the High Dive was awesome. We agreed to go there early, me because I was hungry, and Matt because he wanted to see the opening acts. "It's an insult not to see the opening act. You wouldn't walk into a play for just the final act, would you?" Point taken, especially after seeing the impossibly cute keyboardist for a band called "The Hope" (the singer wasn't too hard on the eyes either). It took me about twenty minutes to find out who they were (during which time I also found out that the keyboardist was married). They are some talented musicians, though. Matty was flipping out because there was some dude from Screaming Trees there.

Matt Shaw was pretty damned good, too, although I was more into The Hope, maybe because I like female singers better than guys. But ribs, beer, and good music: not a bad night at all, until the ride home, when Matty started laying some heavy stuff on me. He had a few to drink, not bad, but enough to get him going. The long and the short of it is that sometimes Angie has a ton of work to do for the firm, and it's distracting to have Matty around. She tried sequestering herself, but "he keeps buggin'". And he's bothered by this, which I guess any husband would be if their wife asked them to leave the house for a good period of time. What interests me more is that he's got relationship problems because he's too attentive, and I had relationship problems because I wasn't attentive enough. But at any rate, he had a good bitch session, and I just nodded and agreed with everything until he shut up. He's asleep on the couch right now and I'm about to wake him up and kick him out so I can go to work. Funny how that is...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home